Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy 16th Birthday Jordan (aka: I'm gettin' old)



Eleven years ago I met my beautiful, wonderful, music-loving, Twilight-obsessed step-daughter Jordan. She turned 16 last weekend and it made me realize that I'm getting old. I don't feel older physically but it is almost like a slap in the face when you realize that a decade+ of my life has passed. It is mind boggling to me that over a decade has passed since I met her, got married, had 2 more babies, sold a condo, bought a house, sold a house, bought another house, went through 3 different cars and more than 10 jobs....the list could go on and on of course. When you have something as definite and as real as children sitting in front of you to mark the time that has gone by you can't really ignore it or act like it hasn't been that long. They are proof that the time has passed, and that it is an exact amount of time. It is hard to put into words how it feels when my kids have birthdays or when we celebrate our wedding anniversary every year. It is a happy time but it also makes you rethink everything you are doing with your life or plan to do and also re-evaluate that path you are on. OK, I'm getting off this soap box before I get too emotional....

0 comments: